Tuesday, January 30, 2007

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

This evening at about 7:45, I was shopping at BJ's when my phone rang.

It was Sacky, telling me that he and the baby had just been rear-ended by a drunk driver.

He did not, actually, mention the part about the guy being drunk, since we didn't find out about that until later.

The baby is fine. Sacky has a hurt neck and back, and he is very, very upset and angry. He is also hurting a lot.

Oddly enough, I am not upset or angry at all.

We had to eat Denny's for dinner. It was terrible and it made me feel sick. Sacky hated his milkshake. The baby threw about 8 spoons on the floor. Some weird rednecky people talked to the baby.

Sacky feels that the car is certainly totalled. He is probably right, given the fact that it is smashed on both ends, the rear door in particular being displaced about 2 feet into the interior of the actual car. Sacky is very upset about the car.

Sacky said that he could tell when he looked at the guy's insurance card that he was a drunk driver who had done it before, because the guy had crappy Maryland insurance.

So, there we have it. Rather than actually keeping people like this guy, who do real damage, off the roads, our wonderful government is busy persecuting me for not filing paperwork.

That's fucked up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You're having pretty shitty luck in the whole "freak accident" thing! I'm not sure whether you should make a sacrifice to the luck gods, or go out and buy a lottery ticket...

That's the MVA for you, always doing the right thing.

I wish I had been there to see rednecky people talk to baby - that sort of thing is always fun.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home