Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'M SURE THIS IS VERY SNOBBY BUT I DON'T CARE

I'm depressed. I'm depressed because although I am very happy with what I am doing, I am really not accomplishing much and I feel very unimpressive.

All of my friends do impressive things like go to elite universities or get doctorates. I am smarter than most of them, and I am at least as smart as all of them, so I am upset because I don't have a doctorate too.

Now no one will ever know that I am smart. Everyone will just think I am dumb because I don't have a doctorate, and I like my teaching job, but I don't like playing the cello enough to practice it, and I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to pursue the cello as a career, because out of all my interests, that's the one that motivates me the least. I would rather eat shit than pursue an advanced degree in music.

So I chose a career that I'm not motivated to improve in, so I'm not improving, and since I don't want to change jobs, it would be unbelievably wasteful to get a doctorate in some random subject just so people would know that I am actually smart. It wouldn't even be hard to get the doctorate. It would just be expensive and I don't want to pay for it, especially since I never have any money.

But I still feel like a complete loser, and I probably always will.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sacky said...

I don't think you're snobby. I think you're just fucking stupid.

That's different.

Why do you need a doctorate? Why would you have to change jobs if you got one? You make no sense.

Go eat a cookie.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Phoooiee said...

The one thing I don't need is a cookie. That's because I'm so fat.

If I was going to spend all that time and money on getting a doctorate, I would have to change jobs so that I would at least use the doctorate.

Oh well. At least I don't have a big red head.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Phoooiee said...

No, graduate studies get you a title like Doctor.

That would sort of be like if everyone had to say "smart" before your name every time they spoke to you.

I want to be "Smart Phoooiee" instead of just "Phoooiee."

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home