Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CRAPPY WEEK

Here is a list of stuff that has happened to me so far today.

1. Woke up. Didn't feel good. Called pediatrician to ask about my kid's runny nose. They think I am stupid for being concerned about a runny nose.

2. Discovered I had forgotten to make Sacky's sandwich.

3. Discovered Sacky had left 8 oz. of breastmilk in the diaper bag the previous evening, now spoiled.

4. Made unnecessary emotional phone call to Sacky.

5. Went to YMCA. Was immediately criticized by non-breastfeeding lady for not dressing my child warmly enough. This would not have upset me, except that she was definitely right.

6. Lifted weights. Swam.

7. Went to pick up my kid. Non-breastfeeding lady has pulled up my child's socks to his knees to cover for my poor baby-dressing stills. Non-breastfeeding lady sprays sanitizer all over the room while my kid is still in it. I figured this was ok though, because my kid was still so stuffed up that he probably didn't inhale any of it.

8. Went to Chick-Fil-A. Had to go in because baby was screaming. Felt that everyone was staring at my inadequately clad offspring.

9. Got back in car. Wasn't speeding. Got pulled over.

10. Police officer informs me that my tags are expired. I am surprised, since I do an excellent job of ignoring most mail that arrives at my house.

11. I ask police officer for permission to give my screaming baby a pacifier. He won't let me.

12. Police officer returns to my window and informs me that my license is suspended because of some ancient ticket that I also ignored and don't remember getting. Red light camera in Baltimore.

13. Police officer gives me two tickets- one for $60 and one for a mandatory court appearance. I am very angry about the second one. He tells me that the reason that I didn't get a notice to renew my tags (not that it would have mattered anyway) was because I never did my emission inspection.

14. Police officer tells me that I may not drive home. I have to have someone pick me up. I explain that I don't have anyone to pick me up, so what am I supposed to do? This conversation continues for a while until he finally just tells me that he only has to say that to cover himself, but I can do whatever at my own risk. I guess most people would have figured that out on their own.

15. I start driving to the MVA. I make another emotional phone call to Sacky.

16. I forget to go to the bank so I have to turn around.

17. I try to find the emissions place. I can't. Someone starts tailgating because they think I'm going too slow. They honk. So I honk back and give them the finger. Then I immediately start to worry that perhaps they weren't honking to be rude, maybe it was someone I knew and they were just honking to be friendly...I think of the time that someone cut me off and I laid on my horn for about a minute straight and it turned out to be some confused old guy...I am near tears because of what a mean person I am.

18. I finally find the emissions place after about a half hour of wandering. I give them my Paypal card. My card is declined. This makes no sense because I have just been to the bank and so I know that there is over $1000 in that account. I write a check instead for the $14. They give me a reciept saying that they have waived the $140 late fee. I am grateful.

19. I go to the MVA to fix the problem with my tags. On the way I call the urologist to cancel my appointment for the next day, using the excuse of "car problems" rather than the real excuse of "would rather go to my swim lesson since the two conflict."

20. I wait in line for nearly 45 minutes at the MVA. Several people in front of me is a blond woman who wants to sell her car to someone else, except that she doesn't own her car, her son does, and no amount of slow, careful explaining can get her to understand that she needs the title signed by whoever owns the car, to be able to sell it. A group of teenagers behind me begin making fun of the woman because the clerk is speaking to her like she is in third grade, and she still has no idea what is going on.

21. After waiting in line for these 45 minutes, I find out that I need to pay the ancient ticket before I can do anything about the tags. I share what I am thinking, which is an expletive, with the second clerk, and leave.

22. I cancel all my lessons for the evening because I still have a headache and I am too angry to teach. I offer all of them the opportunity to come to my house; all but one decline.

23. I drive up my driveway, which some company ripped to shreds about a week ago, and has not yet repaved.

24. I check my email, while holding my child, who enthusiastically beats the shit out of a Doritos bag. I get an email about "your money, namby-pambical".

25. I write this blog entry, all with one finger.

I also should add that yesterday I discovered by accident at the chiropractor, who actually bothered to care enough to call for the results of a test he didn't even order, that the MRI the primary care physician ordered of my low back- the one that the primary care physician's office staff SPECIFICALLY told me was normal (only after I called them about 59569879769 times to ask about it)- this MRI revealed a disk protrusion that may, apparently, take years to heal. I have not yet made an irate phone call to the office, but I will.

AND

yesterday I found out that there are all sorts of problems with Sacky's job, resulting in a lot of scheduling difficulties and the need to put the baby in child care for much longer than I am comfortable with.

I hope the rest of this week goes better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Argh. Sometimes I have days like that when I feel like if I move another muscle the universe will explode/implode/destory everything. Hope your week has improved!

~Sarah
http://sarahdigm.blogspot.com

(Oh, and just so you don't think I'm crazy, I stumbled over here from a Squub link)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of bad all at once. I hope things are going better now...

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home