Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why do people have to drive Hummers?

Yesterday, I was driving to the YMCA and this enormous tank of a vehicle was right behind me. Tailgating. And some loser in front of me decided that he needed to to go the fruit market without using his turn signal. So I had to stop very suddenly because that's what the guy in front of me did. So, the Hummer behind me almost hit me, and I was very upset, because my 3 month old baby was in the car with me, and he is pretty little, and I don't think he would stand up to that Hummer too well.

It annoys me so much that some people feel compelled to waste fossil fuels by driving these enormous vehicles. It makes me enraged that some people who do this drive BADLY, endangering the rest of us. I wanted to get out of my car and scream at whoever was driving that thing.

I also get very irritated when someone parks their Titan or their Explorer or their Suburban near where I want to park, and I can't get into the spot, or if I do get into the spot, I can hardly open the door. Most of the time lately, I just open the door the same way I would if their car were not there, figuring that if they can afford to waste money on one of those things, they can probably also afford to fix any minor scratches I may have caused just by going about my business.

One time, I had to park next to someone whose truck was so big that it took up sections of THREE parking spaces. So I made a point of parking about an inch away from their driver's side door, and just as I was getting out of my car, the driver of this behemoth appeared. So I smiled at her as if I was completely unaware that I had just blocked her in, and went away, leaving her to try and somehow reenter her vehicle.

My new plan, which I haven't managed to put into action yet, is to print out note cards that state "Your enormous vehicle made my life very difficult today" and just leave them on people's windshields.

I am mystified that some people can be so callous as to put their need to appear rich ahead of courtesy and safety. I hope gas gets to be $10 a gallon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I think they took that off the net...searched for it for awhile and couldn't find it.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home