Sunday, August 13, 2006

I hate the teevee.

Today my husband's family was over. They hadn't seen us, or each other, for a few months or so. So what do they do, immediately when they enter the house? Do they talk to each other or interact? No- they turn on the teevee.

It was so boring.

After about 2 hours of NASCAR and some documentary on Motley Crue, I started feeling self-righteous, and so I took out a book and began to read, just to set a good example. I know I am not supposed to do this, because I am supposed to "socialize" but I figured that sitting and staring at a book counts as socializing as much as sitting and staring at the teevee.

Finally, someone asked me what I was reading about.

"Well, mostly it's about hermaphrodites," I cheerfully replied, "but right now it's about sex hormones."

No one bothered me again. And, I learned a lot about sex hormones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

That's awesome!!! I need to do that next time we go up to PA to good old F-squared's house! I'm going to start finding a ridiculous book as soon as I forget about it!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Kingo Sleemer said...

Hey, now. You can't go blaming the TV for that. That is NOT the TV's fault. That is very clearly the fault of the family of that very strangely Motley Crue-centered husband o' you'r'n.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home