Thursday, June 29, 2006

Baby

I just had this baby. It was about 2 months ago. I haven't noticed yet.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and there is this small source of noise in a crib near my bed. And it is making noise, because that is what it does. So I get up and go to nurse the baby, and every single time, I look at him and get really confused about where he came from and why he is in my house.

This doesn't happen as much when it is not the middle of the night.

I like the baby. I feel very attached to the baby. I am just having a lot of trouble thinking of the baby as a person. He does NOT act like a person. He has no skills. I guess in my mind, you need to have skills to be a person. Like, talking skills, and eating skills, and the kinds of skills where you are able to hold your own head in one place or sit up without falling over. It's cute when he falls over, but definitely not very skillful.

Meeting my new baby has confirmed my suspected atheism. He is far too clumsy and mechanical to have been created by a supreme being. I think that God could have done better.

All that said, he is a rather nice baby, and I expect he will eventually become more person-like.

For now, when it is not 2 in the morning, I am very glad to have him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoooiee said...

I didn't say he wasn't cute! He is!

He learned how to laugh, and that's really cute. And he smiles at us about every 4 seconds. And then he smiles at his mobile in his crib because he doesn't understand that social cues don't work on inanimate objects.

He just seems sort of artificial, like he's not real. I wasn't expecting that.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Congrats on your new baby, and welcome to the blogosphere!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Kingo Sleemer said...

"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home